Sunday, March 29, 2015

Recipe: Perfect Pancakes

Making pancakes is a Sunday morning tradition at our house.  My go-to recipe is from a friend I met twenty years ago while serving a church mission in Montreal, Canada.  I have adapted the recipe to include buttermilk since I love the flavor it adds.  If you don't have buttermilk, you can substitute regular milk.



RECIPE:

Heat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.  (An electric griddle is the key to perfect pancakes and you can find them on sale for under $20.)

In a large bowl, stir together the following ingredients:

1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Batter will be lumpy.  If the batter seems very thick, add a splash of milk to thin it.

Spray griddle with non-stick spray (I like Trader Joe's coconut oil spray) or grease if you prefer (I like refined coconut oil).

Pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle for each pancake.  When pancake is bubbly and the edges are dry, flip to cook the other side.

Serve with your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment