Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gadget Review: Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker

I had been making "banana ice cream" (or as Daniel Tiger calls it, banana swirl) in my Cuisinart food processor.

To save wear and tear on my food processor, I asked for the Yonanas frozen dessert maker for Christmas.  It retails for around $50 but you can find it for less.  It comes with recipes.

To use the Yonanas maker, start by peeling and freezing "cheetah spot" bananas.  When you're ready to make your dessert, allow the bananas to thaw slightly (I pop mine in the microwave for 15 seconds on high).

Put half a banana in the Yonona maker.  Turn on.  Add your other ingredients (my favorite combination is frozen mangoes and berries).  Turn on.  Add another half banana.  Turn on.

The result is a super yummy and healthy treat!

My only complaint is that about half a banana is left inside the machine.  Since I don't like to be wasteful, I open the machine and scrape out what is left.  The machine is easy to take apart and easy to clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment