Friday, May 8, 2015

S'mores Cake Pops

My little boy has been begging me to make cake pops that look like Oh the alien from the movie Home.

This was the first time I tinted white chocolate melts with oil-based food colors.  It was easier than I expected.  I used both purple and blue color to get the shade I wanted.  The candy dried darker than when it was melted, so I'll remember that for next time.  We added candy eyeballs, purple licorice ears, and a black marker mouth.


While we were making cake pops, I made some s'mores cake pops.  I used chocolate cake and chocolate frosting.  When I rolled the cake balls, I rolled two mini marshmallows into the middle of the cake ball.  I dipped the cake pops in dark chocolate melts and then dipped them in graham cracker crumbs (my mini Cuisinart is the perfect tool for making graham cracker crumbs!).  SUPER yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment