Friday, June 5, 2015

Recipe Review: Rolled Sugar Cookies

I have a batch of rolled sugar cookies chilling in my refrigerator right now.  I discovered the recipe at allrecipes.com a few years ago and have made it several times.  With this recipe my sugar cookies always turn out perfect.  I like to roll them thick and pull them out of the oven just as they are starting to brown.  The recipe makes about four dozen cookies so I usually make a half recipe.

Unlike most sugar cookie recipes, the dough tastes amazing even before it's baked.  My taste tester agrees:


If I am feeling ambitious, I make homemade frosting.  My favorite is this Swig copycat frosting with sour cream and salt (I use 1/2 cup sour cream and omit the milk).  I've used vegan sour cream successfully but it has to be one with a mild flavor.

Here are some sugar cookies that my little guy helped me make awhile back:



No comments:

Post a Comment